oh my fuckiNG GOD ITS SO TINY AND CUTE
the fact that I just shouted in triumph at 6AM after finding a brand new hardcover online that I’ve been wanting forever for $6 says a lot about me as a person, I think.
Books make perfect holiday gifts. They always fit, they’re easy to wrap, and they’re more fun to open than a gift card. (They also last much longer than a fruit basket.) Plus we make it really, really easy for you to find the right one.
If you don’t see the right gift above, browse through our gift guides by category. And if you’re still looking, please direct your attention over to Personal Penguin, where you can tell us a little about your intended recipient and get a personalized list of perfect presents.
piebooks. (Pie’s not actually anywhere near this easy.)
do u ever look back at all the boys you’ve ever liked and then realized that they all have a common feature but you dont know what it is
yeah, they all don’t like me
when you surprise a bitch in spanish
The cast of Community gather to watch an episode of The Big Bang Theory
Shortly after announcing his plans to direct a movie about first U.S. president George Washington, acclaimed director Steve McQueen (12 Years A Slave, Shame) revealed that he intended to cast Idris Elba, known for his roles in Pacific Rim, Thor, and the BBC program Luther, in the starring role.
The film, Washington, will chronicle the titular president’s life over the course of his eight years as President of the United States.
"I’m very excited for this project," McQueen told us. "It goes without saying, this was a monumentally significant period in history, and George Washington was, and continues to be, a very significant figure. I hope I can do it justice."
Following the announcement, the Twittersphere immediately went abuzz in confusion, outrage, and controversy. One person tweeted, “how can you cast a black man? washington was white #smh”. Another said, “damn hollywood. how u gonna change someone’s race? what if we did that 2 other races? they’d riot #hypocrisy”.
However, McQueen responded to this controversy, saying, “I understand it looks like an unusual decision. But at the end of the day, it wasn’t about casting someone who was the right race. We went with the person who was the most talented, the most qualified, and that just happened to be Idris [Elba]. I think people will agree when they watch the movie, he truly captures who Washington was on the inside.”
Washington is scheduled to release December 11, 2015."
Idris Elba Cast As George Washington In New Film
The Wishwashington Post
Idris Elba could play a fucking donkey and somehow still be everyone’s favorite character. He’s that good.
WTF WHY DID NOBODY EVER TELL ME ABOUT THE EXISTENCE OF BOOKOUTLET UNTIL NOW?? I COULD HAVE SAVED SO MUCH MONEY AND I’M REALLY SAD ABOUT THAT UGH
I take my driver’s test next Monday.
don’t want to nooooo
I HAVE REALLY BAD ANXIETY ABOUT MOST THINGS AND TESTS ARE NEAR THE TOP
ITS TIME FOR THE ANNUAL OMOCAT CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY!!
many good things have happened, OMOCAT has grown so much, and my life is forever changed :>
here’s a little thank you to all my followers and supporters!
1) FIRST PRIZE: 1 OMOCAT APPAREL in the size of your choice (while supplies last) new items that may be released this following week are also eligible for the prize
1) reblog the entire post to enter the giveaway! likes do not count gomen ~_~
2) you may only reblog once per day, each reblog will count as a chance toward winning! no giveaway-only blogs! i’ll be checking >:(
3) i will be choosing 3 winners randomly. i will painstakingly copy-paste each blog name in a random generator, and have the generator pick the winners for me
4) the winner will be chosen this weekend on the midnight of DECEMBER 16th. i will be sending out asks to let you know if you’ve won so please make sure your ask is open! if you do not reply within 24 hrs, i will have to choose another winner!!
5) i will provide free shipping! (yes, even international)
good luck!! once again, thank you all and happy holidays!!!!!
Sometimes I feel like this show is documenting Steve’s slow decline into a mental break.